All undergraduate and graduate students must submit their degree application online through myNMSU. Students are advised to complete a final STAR degree audit and verify with an academic adviser that all requirements are in progress, before submission of application. The application deadlines are not flexible and late applications will not be accepted.
Students who fail to meet graduation requirements by the date indicated on the Application for Degree (Diploma) must reapply and pay fees again. Changes to applications must be submitted by email to email@example.com early in the semester.
|Application period opens||April 5, 2018|
|Last day to apply without a $25 late fee||August 24, 2018|
|Application deadline with late fee||October 1, 2018|
|Application period opens||November 8, 2018|
|Last day to apply without a $25 late fee||Friday, January 25, 2019|
|Application deadline with late fee||March 4, 2019|
|Application period opens||TBA|
|Early Petition for Commencement Ceremony (Undergraduate Candidates)||TBA|
Attendance at the Commencement Ceremony
The academic colleges will confirm the students eligibility to participate in the commencement ceremony that is held at the close of the fall and spring semesters. Eligible candidates who are in the process of completing their final degree requirements and degree recipients from the previous summer session will participate in the fall ceremony. Students who are in the process of completing their final degree requirements in the spring must attend the spring ceremony. However, Bachelor degree candidates that wish to participate in a spring commencement, prior to completing degree requirements in summer school may do so if they meet the following conditions:
- Receive permission the Dean of their college
- Show a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 2.0
- Only need 12 or fewer credit hours to complete their degree requirements
- These remaining credit hours must be offered in the upcoming summer schedule of classes
- Submit a degree application and Early Commencement Participation Petition(available in the Dean’s office) by the last day to apply for a degree in the spring semester.
Completing the Online Application
Log in in to myNMSU. Under the Student Records Tab you will find the Application for Degree (Diploma). Follow the on screen prompts to submit your application. Each submission will incur a degree application fee, as follows.
Degree Application Fees
The Degree Application cannot be waived, refunded or carried to a future semester. Each application submission will incur an additional fee. The late fee to apply after the deadline is an additional $25 fee.
- $25 for undergraduate (Associates and Bachelors) degrees
- $35 for graduate (Masters and Doctoral) degrees
- Graduate Students need to view the Graduate School website for additional paperwork and deadlines. http://gradschool.nmsu.edu/deadlines/deadlines.htm
If you incur any problems filling out your degree application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 575-646-4796.