All degree candidates participating in the Commencement ceremony will be required to wear the academic regalia significant to their degree. Herff Jones is our official vendor for caps, gowns and tassels. Graduates can purchase their regalia for a discounted price at the NMSU Graduation Fair or with shipping and handling online with Herff Jones.
You can also purchase your regalia directly from the NMSU Barnes and Noble Bookstore.
- Traditional black regalia will be worn by all undergraduate candidates and may not be altered, modified or decorated in any way.
- The top of the cap may be decorated, please practice discretion when decorating.
- Share your cap decorations with us online with the hashtag #nmsugrad.
- Cap, gown, and tassel can be purchased at the NMSU Barnes and Noble Bookstore or online.
- University approved and issued Honor Cords and Stoles may be worn at the Ceremony.
- You will be required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and use stairs/ramps.
- For more information on how to purchase your crimson cord for Crimson Scholars, please visit the Honors College.
- Undergraduate Candidates will wear tassels on the right side.
- Master’s, Educational Specialist, and doctoral candidates will wear tassels on the left side.