All degree candidates participating in the Commencement ceremony should wear the academic regalia significant to their degree. Herff Jones is our official vendor for caps, gowns and tassels.
We look forward to seeing your cap decorations. Share them before the ceremony with hashtag #nmsugrad.
You can also purchase your regalia directly from the NMSU Bookstore.
- Traditional black regalia will be worn by all undergraduate candidates and may not be altered, modified or decorated in any way.
- The top of the cap may be decorated, please practice discretion when decorating.
- Share your cap decorations with us online with the hashtag #nmsugrad.
- Cap, gown, and tassel can be purchased at the NMSU Bookstore or online.
- University approved and issued Honor Cords and Stoles may be worn at the Ceremony.
- You will be required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and use stairs/ramps.
- For more information on how to purchase your crimson cord for Crimson Scholars, please visit the Honors College.
- Undergraduate Candidates will wear tassels on the right side.
- Master’s, Educational Specialist, and doctoral candidates will wear tassels on the left side, as you have already left the University.