All degree candidates participating in the Commencement ceremony will be required to wear the academic regalia significant to their degree.
- Traditional black regalia will be worn by all graduates and may not be altered, modified or decorated in any way.
- The top of the cap may be decorated, please practice discretion when decorating.
- Cap, gown, and tassel can be purchased at the NMSU Barnes and Noble Bookstore.
- University approved and issued Honor Cords and Stoles may be worn at the Ceremony.
- Use CAUTION! In selecting your graduation footwear. You will be required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and use stairs/ramps.
- For more information on how to purchase your crimson cord for Crimson Scholars, please visit the Honors College.
- Undergraduate Candidates will wear tassels on the right side.
- Master’s, Educational Specialist, and doctoral candidates will wear tassels on the left side.