New Mexico State University continues to closely monitor the State and National Public Health guidelines. The Spring 2022 Commencement Ceremonies are scheduled for May 6th and 7th.
- What is the deadline to submit my name pronunciation for the ceremonies?
Submit your Name Pronunciation before April 10, 2022, to ensure your name is properly announced at the ceremonies.
- Will there be a charge to attend Commencement?
There are no fees to attend the Commencement Ceremonies. Ceremonies are optional and not required for graduation of degree requirements.
- Will this be a ticketed event?
Graduates will need to bring their printed GradPass (Graduate Ticket). The GradPass will be found on the personalized RSVP link sent to graduates, in March. Graduates please check your emails in March for your RSVP and GradPass request.
NMSU will be closely monitoring ticketing activity, if capacities change, tickets may be required, depending on Public Health Orders. An email will sent to graduates, should tickets be required.
- Do guests require a ticket to attend Commencement?
Ticketing will not be required for guests. Graduates will need to bring their printed GradPass (Graduate Ticket).
- Will NMSU Staff and Faculty need a ticket to attend?
Ticketing is not required. However, we are always looking for NMSU staff and faculty volunteers.
Faculty advisors will have a faculty seating area. Please reach out to the Commencement Office to RSVP to attend as a faculty.
- Are vaccinations required to attend the Ceremony?
Currently admitted students of NMSU are required to submit proof of vaccination or weekly COVID testing.
- I don’t feel comfortable attending in person? How can I be part of the ceremony?
The Commencement Ceremony will be streamed live on NMSU YouTube. Graduates can RSVP for the Ceremony by providing us with a photo, quote and name pronunciation. During the Ceremony, we will read each graduate’s name and display their quote and photo submission, if unable to attend in person. The deadline to submit your name pronunciation, photo and quote for the Virtual Commencement Ceremony will be April 10, 2022, no late submissions can be made after that date.
- Where can we watch the Commencement Ceremony?
The Commencement Ceremony will be streamed live on NMSU YouTube.
- Is an Application for Degree necessary, if not participating in a Commencement Ceremony?
If a student is completing requirements for your degree, please fill out your application for degree before the deadline date.
- How will graduates receive their diplomas? Can they track the diploma status?
Please ensure all holds are released from the student account. Diplomas are mailed to graduates 6 weeks after final grades are submitted. Diplomas will be sent to the address specified on the application for degree. Graduates can view their diploma status online here: https://commencement.nmsu.edu/status/
- Is attendance required at the Commencement Ceremonies in order to graduate?
Attendance at Commencement is not required. We do not hand out diplomas at the ceremony. If graduates meet requirements for their degree, diplomas will be mailed within 6 weeks after final grades are due.