New Mexico State University continues to closely monitor the State and National Public Health guidelines. To ensure we are celebrating as safely as possible, we will be hosting a Virtual Commencement Ceremony and two in-person ceremonies. Graduates can choose to participate in both the virtual and in person ceremonies with their personalized RSVP link sent to their MyNMSU email.
Academic regalia is required for the In-Person Commencement Ceremony, but not the Virtual Ceremony.
- What is the deadline to submit my name pronunciation for the ceremonies?
Submit your Name Pronunciation before April 18, 2021, to ensure your name is properly announced at the ceremonies.
- Will we be required to be vaccinated to attend Commencement?
Vaccinations are not required for attendance at Commencement, but are encouraged.
- Will there be a charge to attend Commencement?
There are no fees to attend the Commencement Ceremonies.
- Will this be a ticketed event?
Graduates will be given 2 electronic tickets to distribute to their guests. These tickets will be found on the personalized RSVP link sent to graduates.
Everyone over the age of 2 will require a ticket to enter the stadium.
- Do NMSU Staff and faculty require a ticket to attend Commencement?
NMSU staff and faculty should be formally invited by a graduate with a ticket to attend the in-person ceremonies.
- Will we be required to wear a mask?
Masks will be required for all graduates, volunteers, and guests.
- What about the Classes of 2020?
The Classes of 2020 will be invited to attend a Ceremony at a later date. More information will be determined and sent to graduates at a later date.
Virtual Commencement Ceremony
- What does a Virtual Commencement Ceremony look like?
The Virtual Ceremony will be streamed live on NMSU Social Media Outlets. Graduates will RSVP for the virtual ceremony by providing us with a photo, quote and name pronunciation. During the virtual ceremony, we will read each graduate’s name and display their quote and photo submission.
- When is the deadline to submit the RSVP for the Spring 2021 Virtual Commencement Ceremony?
The deadline to submit your name pronunciation, photo and quote for the Virtual Commencement Ceremony will be April 25, 2021, no late submissions can be made after that date.
- Where can we watch the virtual Commencement Ceremony?
The Virtual Ceremony will be streamed live on NMSU YouTube, NMSU Panopto and NMSU Facebook.
- Where can someone view the Commencement Program and see the Virtual Commencement Ceremony?
Share this memory with families, friends and supporters. Don’t forget to share accomplishments and celebrations by using hashtag #nmsugrad.
The Spring 2021 photos and ceremony will be available to view after the live ceremony.
- Is an Application for Degree necessary, if not participating in a Commencement Ceremony?
If a student is completing requirements for your degree, please fill out your application for degree before the deadline date.
- How will graduates receive their diplomas? Can they track the diploma status?
Please ensure all holds are released from the student account. Diplomas are mailed to graduates 6 weeks after final grades are submitted. Diplomas will be sent to the address specified on the application for degree. Graduates can view their diploma status online here: https://commencement.nmsu.edu/status/
- Is attendance required at the Commencement Ceremonies in order to graduate?
Attendance at Commencement is not required. If graduates meet requirements for their degree, diplomas will be mailed within 6 weeks after final grades are due.