Commencement is the opportunity to congratulate our graduates as they celebrate their day. Please join us in the faculty processional and greeting students as they exit the stage.
Faculty interested in participating or attending the ceremony can sign up in their College Dean’s Office.
- Faculty Hooding, please arrive at the South side of the Pan American Center concourse and you will be directed to line up. The ceremony will begin at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, May 12, 2017, and will last approximately 1 hour.
- Faculty attending the hooding ceremony will be directed to the floor for seating.
- A riser will be provided on the stage for faculty members that will be hooding their Doctoral Candidates. The candidate should stand directly in front of the riser; the faculty member should stand on the riser. The dean will hand the hood to the adviser, who will proceed to hood the candidate.
Faculty Commencement Attendance
- The ceremony will begin at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, December 9, 2017, and will last approximately 2 hours.
|Faculty Processional||Faculty that do not wish to participate as a marshal or assembling students, will need to confirm their seating attendance and arrive one hour prior to the ceremony. Seating in designated Faculty section at front of stage. Faculty will then proceed to the congratulatory college line.|
|Assembling Students||Faculty can assist in the ceremony by lining up students within their college. Students check in and then are directed to their college line. The assemblers will ensure the students are lined up numerically. This is a great opportunity to see all the graduates from your college prior to the ceremony.|
|Faculty Marshal||Our faculty marshals are essential to the ceremony and ensure students get to their seats. This position is a great honor to lead graduates to the stage to receive their accolades.|
- Regalia is available for rent or purchase with the NMSU Barnes and Noble Bookstore.
- Academic Deans will be seated on the stage and will receive further information from the President’s Office.
- Please be aware of our heightened security measures.