Complete a final degree check by running a STAR Degree Audit and consulting with your academic advisor before registering for your final semester or applying for your degree.
The Application for Degree (Diploma) must be submitted to the Student Affairs Enrollment Management Office by the deadlines listed below. The degree application submitted online through your myNMSU. Students who fail to meet graduation requirements by the date indicated on the Application for Degree (Diploma) must reapply and pay fees again. Changes to any application must be submitted, in writing, to the Registrar’s Office during the semester you plan to graduate and by the date indicated below.
To submit a Degree Application:
- Sign in to your myNMSU account.
- Click the Student tab, then Student Records, then Application for Degree (Diploma).
- Follow the on screen prompts to submit your application.
Degree Application Fees
- $25 for undergraduate (Associates and Bachelors) degrees
- $35 for graduate (Masters and Doctoral) degrees
Spring 2015 Application Deadline
|Application period opens||November 13, 2014|
|Application deadline||March 3, 2015|
|Last Day to apply without a $25 late fee||January 23, 2015|
*There is not a Commencement ceremony in the Summer semester. Students completing requirements for degree in the Summer semester will be invited to attend the Fall 2014 Commencement Ceremony. Unless permission is granted by the College Dean.
Summer 2015 Application Deadline*
|Application period opens||TBD|
|Application deadline||July 6, 2014|
If you plan to attend the Commencement Ceremony, you must reserve your seat.
Submit your information to the Seat Reservation System beginning at a date to be determined for the Fall Ceremony.
Deadline to reserve your seat for Spring 2015 will be determined at a later date.
If you plan to walk in the Commencement Ceremony, you must purchase your regalia (cap, gown, and tassel) from the NMSU Bookstore, 575-646-4431.
Special orders must at least 8 weeks before the Graduation Ceremony.
Regalia can be purchased at the Graduation Fair for a discounted price, during the Graduation Fair.
- Diplomas will not be handed out at Commencement. Diplomas will be mailed to graduates approximately eight weeks after final grades have been processed by the Registrar’s office.