All degree candidates participating in the Commencement ceremony will be required to wear the academic regalia significant to their degree. The regalia is purchased at the NMSU Bookstore or the Graduation Fair.
- Traditional black regalia will be worn by all graduates and may not be altered, modified or decorated in any way.
- University approved and issued Honor Cords and Stoles may be worn at the Ceremony.
- Use CAUTION! In selecting your graduation footwear. You will be required to stand for periods of time, walk distances, and use stairs/ramps.
- The use of alcohol or inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. Improper conduct may result in disciplinary actions. Those who choose to participate must respect the rights of others, including invited guests.
- Respect your fellow classmates and guests by turning off your cell phone sound.
- Cap, gown, and tassel can be purchased at the NMSU Bookstore starting October 15, 2014 . Special orders must be made no later than October 18, 2014.
- Candidates will wear tassels on the right side.
- Doctoral candidates purchase their hood and regalia at the NMSU bookstore and bring it to the ceremony.
- Master’s, Educational Specialist, and doctoral candidates will wear tassels on the left side.
- Bring your hood with you to the ceremony but do not wear it.
- Drape your hood over your arm as you walk up to the platform.
- Doctoral candidates, after receiving your certificate, proceed past the center podium and stand in front of the small riser. Turn to face the audience. The faculty advisor will then hood the candidate and escort them down the left ramp.
|Regular Price||Graduation Fair Price|
|Bachelor Unit: Cap, Gown, & Tassel||$48.58||$48.58|
|Master Gown: Cap, Gown, & Tassel||$61.98||$55.78|
|Master Unit: Cap, Gown, Tassel, & Hood||$94.98||$85.48|
|Doctor Gown: Cap, Gown, & Tassel||$78.98||$71.08|
|Doctor Unit: Cap, Gown, Tassel, & Hood||$119.98||$107.98|
|Tassel: Black, Cardinal, White||$5.98||$5.38|
|Rental Hoods (Master/PHD)||$26.00/$32.00|
For out-of-town customers, call 646-4700 or 646-4432 to place order.
Mail order will ship order via UPS for an added fee.