- Doctoral candidates will purchase their hood at the NMSU bookstore and bring it to the ceremony
- Faculty participating in Commencement ceremonies may also purchase their regalia at the NMSU bookstore.
- Traditional black regalia will be worn by all graduates and may not be altered, modified or decorated in any way.
- Use CAUTION! In selecting your graduation footwear. You will be required to stand for periods of time, walk distances, and use stairs/ramps.
- Bachelor’s degree candidates will wear tassels on the right side.
- Master’s, Educational Specialist, and doctoral candidates will wear tassels on the left side.
- The use of alcohol or inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. Improper conduct may result in disciplinary actions. Those who choose to participate must respect the rights of others, including invited guests.
- Respect your fellow classmates and guests by turning off your cell phones.
- Cap, gown, and tassel can be purchased at the NMSU Bookstore October 11th through December 13th. Special orders must be made no later than Thursday, October 28th, 2013.
|Bachelor Unit: Cap, Gown, & Tassel||$53.98|
|Master Gown: Cap, Gown, & Tassel||$61.98|
|Master Unit: Cap, Gown, Tassel, & Hood||$94.98|
|Doctor Gown: Cap, Gown, & Tassel||$78.98|
|Doctor Unit: Cap, Gown, Tassel, & Hood||$119.98|
|Tassel: Black, Cardinal, White||$5.98|
|Tassel Doctorate: Light Blue or Gold||$5.98|
|Cords: White or Gold||$12.98|
For out-of-town customers, call 646-4700 or 646-4432 to place order.
Mail order will ship order via UPS for an added fee.