An Apostille confirms that a document is authentic (or apostilled). Apostilles are most often needed by students who are working outside the United States of America and international students. The Registrar’s Office offers notary services for official transcripts, diplomas, and enrollment verifications.
When the request is received, the Registrar’s Office, will print the requested document(s), procure the signature of the Registrar and notarize it. The document(s) and notary statement will be mailed first class back to the specified address. The recipient will then need to send the information to the State of New Mexico Secretary’s Office for the Apostille.
The Apostille process does take some time, both to produce the original document and for you to send and receive your documents from the State of New Mexico. Begin this process as soon as possible.
Note: Still living in Las Cruces? You can order any or all of the following notarized documents in the Registrar’s Office in the Educational Services Building on the Las Cruces Campus.
Please see the State of New Mexico Apostille Information for steps to complete after you have receive the notarized documents from New Mexico State University: http://www.sos.state.nm.us/Business_Services/Apostille_Information_Overview.aspx
Note: Both current and former students can apply for Notarizing of diplomas.
- To request a Notarized diploma(s), fill out the Duplicate Diploma form. Be sure to print out the form.
- Include a note that the duplicate diploma is for an Apostille. Please make the Apostille note very clear!
- The cost for a notarized diploma is $15 each. Make the check or money order payable to New Mexico State University.
- The notarized diploma will be sent to the address you specify by USPS First Class Mail. If you want delivery other than USPS First Class Mail, you must enclose a pre-addressed, pre-paid air bill with your request.
- Mail the Duplicate Diploma form and the check/money order to:Registrar’s Office
- P.O. Box 30001, MSC 3AR
- New Mexico State University
- Las Cruces, NM 88003
- Attn: Notary
- Student receives, or picks up, the documentation.
- Student prepares the Apostille Form as stated on the website for the Secretary of State indicating where he/she is sending the document.
- . Student mails the documentation and forms with the check or money order for the fee to the Secretary of State’s Office.
- The Apostille is affixed to the transcript by The Secretary of State’s Office and sent to the address indicated by the student in their form.